Join the USGBC - Illinois Chapter's North/Northwest Suburban Branch, the City of Evanston, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning, and Farr Associates for a roundtable program on how to achieve sustainable communities for state and local government representatives.
Building a sustainable community is no easy challenge. It takes education, new thinking, smart implementation and a commitment from stakeholders. Learn key principles of smart urban planning, the goals and point system that constitute the LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) rating system. We will also see the latest on LEED-ND in action as we visit Evanston’s Emerson Square Project both in case study, and on tour.
This event has been approved for 3.0 GBCI CE and AIA CEU credit hours.
- 8:00 - 8:30 Networking and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 – 9:30 A Sustainable Community: Defining it, Mapping it and Creating an Action Plan
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 10:45 LEED for Neighborhood Development Case Study: Emerson Square Project and Q&A
- 10:45 – 10:55 Break
- 10:55 - Noon Emerson Square Tour with the City of Evanston and Brinshore Development
- Noon – 1:00 Lunch and Tour of Now We’re Cooking commercial kitchen and culinary center (optional)
Host: North/Northwest Suburban Branch
Moderator: Megan Lewis, JFNew
Doug Farr, Farr Associates
Susan Guderley, City of Evanston
David Brint, Brinshore Development, LLC
Todd Lieberman, Brinshore Development, LLC
Jason Navota, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
$15 Government/Municipal leaders and staff
$15 Chapter Members
$15 Design Evanston Members
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Maple Level - Weston Solutions
Birch Level - Downtown Evanston
Return to the USGBC - Illinois Chapter homepage!